Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Imperial Palace 皇居 at Marunouchi

This day, I walked 15km.

Yep I'm that SERIOUS! !

I really walked 15km, no joke.

Probably the most distance I had walked in a day in history.

How did I know how long have I walked?

That's because my friend told me so.

How did he know that we have walked that distance?

That's because his phone told him so.

Don't be surprised by how Japanese phone can be that over function!!

When you place your mobile in your pocket, the vibration or movement created by your thigh muscle would tell the phone how long have you walked! Cool isn't it?!

This day, we walked from Ginza to the imperial palace where the royal family lives. It's some 15 minutes away if I'm not mistaken.

It's a totally different view compared to other areas of Tokyo, which is occupied fully with skyscrapers.




There is a lake surrounding the palace where the royal animals live happily in.



Approaching the front gate of the palace.



The side of palace has plenty of greens!




This is the opposite view from palace. The non-uniformity of skyscrapers gave a remarkable view.



Visitors were restricted to enter the palace, we could only do sight seeing around the palace.



That's a habit of the Office Men and Ladies, they'll jog freely around the palace, while exercising, they could enjoy the pleasant view of that area.



Many of them also eat their lunch down here during lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment