Saturday, May 22, 2010

Preface

Welcome to my blog!


I am going to share all my one month experience right in Tokyo and some other Japan areas here at this blog site.


It was a truly dream-come true whenever I recall it. The trip was an exciting adventure filled with wonderful memories, independence, strong friendship, sweats, tears and challenges!!


From the night I board onto Singapore Airline A380 air bus, I knew that this trip was gonna be an extraordinary one, I felt pompous for my bravery, and I was grateful that family and friends showed their endless supports to me.


In order for me to achieve my dream, I encountered countless difficulties.
Take for example, financial problem. As everyone knows that Tokyo is the most expensive city in the world, I need a lot of money to make this trip a reality.


Thanks to my 7-month of toil in Singapore, I had some savings to fulfill my dream. But I was afraid it's not enough when I need to consider every aspect of a trip- accommodation, flight tickets, expenses, transportation, foods and meals, tuition fees (I got enrolled in a 1 month Intensive Japanese Language course) and others.


Pondering about the most expensive part of a trip- accommodation, I was fortunate to have gotten approval from my Japanese friends who were willing to host me during my 1 month stay. How lucky I was to have saved the most money on this!!


When accommodation was settled, I had an even disturbing problem. Approval of my family due to the risen severity of Influenza A H1N1.
During that time, people who had got infected by this disease were getting more and countries involved were increasing too, including Japan.


At this point, my parents greatly disagreed on my insistence to go Japan on that very year (2009). My father kept on telling me that I would still have many chances to go Japan after my graduation, when I start working and so on. I myself thought of that as well, but somehow there was a strong determination that told me to go for it no matter what. I also listened to many suggestions and opinions from other people. Some supported me, some objected me.


I recall I got scolded terribly by them when I purchased the air tickets without having their permission. My parents were so angry on my stubbornness. What I could do that time was only to convince them that everything would turn out to be fine. And yea I was THAT convincing that my parents trusted in my independence. "Access Granted"


In some other sense I got lucky with the air ticket as well. You ain't gonna believe how cheap was the ticket that time! Thanks to H1N1 flu epidemic, the tickets were sold at RM 1178 nett!! I believe this would be the lowest flight ticket price to Japan ever!! Especially when the plane was the newly launched A380 airbus!!


Coming back to uni, there was a little problem as well.
My internship was supposed to be on the last 2 months of 2009. But because I had planned the trip for so long, I decided to delay it. That's when I needed to confront with the head of faculty. I didn't state in details the reason why I couldn't do co-op on that particular 2 months, as I just told her that I was going oversea for a month. She actually advised me not to take the risk as I was going to be 2 months slower than the same batch of my friends and she was worried whether I could "mentally take it" when I watch my friends graduate while I have to struggle with the 2 months of internship that I delay.


Well, I admitted that her words were powerful cause deep inside my heart my determination got weakened. Mixing all other problems like the flu and financial difficulty, my strength of will was shaken, I was caught in dilemma whether to postpone my long-planned dream trip or not. But still, I believed that if I did not go for the trip on 2009, I would have regretted forever. Thus, I made a decision that no matter what I was gonna hold on to my faith.


After overcoming many obstacles and hindrances, finally I found myself sitting in the plane wondering whether I was dreaming. When I heard how the captain pilot announced the weather and destination, I felt a sense of gratitude that was so subtle and indescribable. I said to myself, "Here I am, Tokyo!" A dream place I've been imagining for ages.


Hence the adventures began.

No comments:

Post a Comment