Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tama Zoo

I had only been to the zoo less than 3 times in my life.

When I was a small kid, I remember my dad brought me to the national zoo in KL, there was a big giraffe with its long long neck chewing grasses fed by the audience, I was only less than 10 years old, my dad held me up and I too, fed some grasses to the giraffe, I was so scared that my hand would be eaten by the giraffe. =/

Zoo was simply a place with SOME animals to me. Cause what I had seen in the zoo was only animals constricted in cages or very small area of fields. I had never in my life been to any zoo that was considered BIG.

The perception changed when I came to Tama Zoo, it was like a giant forest to me. The map showed different habitats for different types of animals such as lion and lioness, leopards, koala bears, reindeer, rhinoceros, kangaroos, zebras, pelicans, many others animals that I had no idea of and even insects. There was a butterfly garden where you could observe how the butterflies dancing around the flowers, you could even touch their wings with your bare fingers. Not to mention other common animals such as elephants, giraffes, monkeys, orang utans, chimpanzees, peacocks etc.

Tama Zoo is such a place that provides niche for each and every animal so that they could live in harmony in a surrounding similar to the nature. It's a great place to observe the living styles of various animals in this zoo.

I was impressed especially by the special lion bus that brings the tourists close up to lion and lioness as close as just one glass shield away. It was said that the lion bus would have meats hung at the outer side of the bus so that when the bus passes through the platform, the lions would be attracted by the smell of meats. The lions were being exposed to a habitat very similar than that of the African surroundings. Being able to observe lions at this distant, I was really shocked to see the real size of them.



I was really lucky to get to enter the zoo free that day! Because it was the anniversary of encrownment of the royals!




Let's go see some Koalas!




It was forbidden to on flash mode if you wish to take pictures of the animals.
But the koala still looked as cute as ever in this dim condition.



The horn of the reindeer weights 3.3Kg



The sleepy Kangaroo.


Explanation boards were every where to increase your knowledge about each and every animal. Picture above showed the change of buttocks of chimpanzee before and during the maturity of reproductive system.



The lonely zebra.



My first time seeing many animals, pelican was one of them, look at its rainbow colored peak!



Lionesses laying at the platform resting.



The lioness was just one shield of glass away from the tourists!



The aladin like palace was the shelter for the lions



Entering Insectarium!



Butterfly garden, real butterfly was right in front of you!



The beauty of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment